The Nairobi Polo Club is one of Africa’s biggest, known for its vibrant atmosphere and an illustrious list of both playing and social members. With two full sized pitches, the club hosts the highest goal polo events of the playing calendar and is well attended by Nairobi’s great and good.
Founded in 1907 and based in the heart of Nairobi’s heaving metropolis, the Club has become a centre for both new players to kick off their polo experience and seasoned players to battle it out in exciting high goal tournaments. Whether you would like to have a go at polo yourself, or just come along to watch the sponsored tournaments, we look forward to welcoming you!
Club features include:
- Two full size polo grounds
- Stabling for ninety horses with additional stables available at the Jamhuri show ground
- Wooden horse/polo pit
- Stick & ball area
- Training, both for players and ponies that is conducted by Gavin Chaplin, the renowned South African coach who visits the Club for four to six weeks each year
- The Club House, renowned for its atmosphere and cocktails, supported by a thriving social scene
- Ample space for sponsor tents and facilities